|home|about|albums|archive|forum|
Monday, January 29, 2007
Vegas was great. I ate, walked, and shopped a lot. I probably won't be going back there for a while unless it's for a convention. The two buffets I will eat at time and time again will be Bellagio's and Aladdin's. I was a bit disappointed with Mandalay Bay's buffet. The chocolate fountain was no where to be found this time. :X On the plane ride there, I thought about people with peanut allergies. Most airlines provide passengers with nuts as a snack. Frequently these are peanuts or mixed nuts. Obviously there isn't all that much air circulation happening on a plane, so how do those people with severe nut allergies deal?! I know people who can't even handle the smell of peanuts because it makes them break out. Well, in such a constricted area, couldn't (pea)nuts really harm those with allergies? Food for thought. Pun intended. :)
Another thing I thought about was shopping bags. While I was in Hong Kong, I saw a lot of postings in stores that asked shoppers to join in the cause against waste(?) by requesting NO shopping bags when they shopped on Tuesdays (either every Tuesday or monthly - the details are hazy). I'm really going to take this "cause" to heart. We don't need to use so many bags. When I was shopping in Vegas, I consolidated my shopping bags and requested no bags at half the stores I shopped at. What I could've done was bring my own bag and not taken any shopping bags at all! Anyway, I hope you will think about this when you go shopping next time. You can even ask for NO bags at restaurants when you box up your leftovers.
Anyway, my website is up for renewal soon. I might not have it renewed. TBD.