|home|about|albums|archive|forum|

Sunday, August 20, 2006

I've posted up some pictures from my Fisherman's Wharf/Bay Quacker Tour/A's Game event. Check 8/17/06 entry for pictures.

'Tis the last day before the end of my freedom. :*( It's been almost four months since my last day of class, and even though I worked part-time, I still had a blast because I had time to do other things like see my friends (funny thing, I must not have seen my friends for a really long time because some of them were still asking me about my masters degree, which I received over two years ago. :P), relax, take trips, try new activities, play.. I had an absolutely fabulous time. Now, I have to get serious again. I really have to face my fear and write my dissertation while I work full-time. One of my friends put it in this depressing way: [It's a little scary when you first start a full-time job after college and you realize that you'll be working non-stop until you're like 50 or 60 years old. When you're in school everything is in stages - 4 years of H.S., 4 years of college, etc. Then you get an actual job after college and it's one big stage (30 years). After that, your next stage will be retirement. Kinda depressing huh? LOL!] It's depressing alright, but I think the most depressing part is that I really need to push myself to pump out that dissertation. I'll be working Monday through Saturday and hopefully working on my dissertation nights and weekends... Hopefully is the key word. I want to stop wasting money and start writing.

Time for some happy news: Claimjumper in Fremont is OPEN today! GRAND OPENING! It's located in Pacific Commons, the new plaza right off the freeway in Fremont.

// posted by Jen @ 10:34 AM
Comments:
You have your rest of your life to look forward to. I don't think about the bad times i'm at work or at school. When you think about the past you should only think about all the great times and good people you met a long the way. Without school and work, you won't have met most of your friends.

4 yrs of HS, 4 years of college, etc is still being a student at a school. You can always switch jobs etc. It's just something we have to do, not depressing at all. At least we get paid to work (not like students who have to pay $$$).
 
Yeh, that's a much better way to look at life.. Enjoy the moment before it is lost.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

|home|about|albums|archive|forum|

© 2003-2007 Devipz.com