|home|about|albums|archive|forum|

Monday, June 19, 2006



I had a fun-filled weekend...

I attended the Russian / Hebrew / Jewish wedding of my second / third grade best friend. It was different compared to the traditional Chinese and American weddings I have attended. The ceremony included breaking of the glass, seven wedding blessings, blessings over wine, and a canopy-like thing that represented a home or something that the bride and groom stood under during the ceremony. This canopy was held up by four family members and friends. During the dancing part, lots of traditional music played, and there was lots of dancing that involved a large group hand-in-hand spinning around the dance floor. I also tried some food I've never eaten before..

I had not expected the wedding to run for as long as it did and did not have time to go home and change before I went to Dave & Buster for my friend's birthday / farewell party. One of my friends is moving to New York, so I wanted to see her before she left. So I went to D&B in a dress and heels and played gun games. :D

I also finally went clubbing at Suite 181. One floor was a lot more crowded than the other floor. They didn't let people downstairs until maybe around midnight or so. So it was packed upstairs, then when downstairs opened, everyone headed downstairs. When I left, I went back upstairs to get my jacket and saw that there were very few people upstairs. I heard the club used to be nicer and has changed. Some lounge areas are blocked off but were not when they first opened. There's a bar in the 'backroom' that is a lot less crowded, possibly because not as many people know about it (?). I liked that they played movies on both floors. :D I watched Kill Bill upstairs and some geographic-style movie downstairs. I was a little distracted by the movies. :D I had been warned that the club gets extremely stuffy, the worst compared to other clubs, so we were pleasantly surprised that the downstairs room had pretty good ventilation because they installed these new fans that let air in from the outside. The DJs were not good on both floors. :X That was a huge disappointment. There are lots of panhandlers outside the club asking for money, a smoke, etc. etc.


// posted by Jen @ 10:14 AM
Comments:
Whats admission now at Suite 181? Were you on the guest list?
 
We were on a guestlist but our friend had to pay 20 bucks to get in. I'm surprise they don't pat you down when you go in. I could have gotten shot that night.
 
There were some problems with the guestlist. Symon and I had no problems, but like Symon said, one of our friends had to pay to get in. That sucks because he did sign up for the guestlist and sent an email. Another friend wasn't able to register on the guestlist and had to send an additional email, so he wasn't even sure if he was on the list or not until the day of.
 
I havent gotten patted down at most of the bars/clubs I go to in recent yrs...do they still do that?
 
Hmm.. I can't remember if I've been patted down. I know I haven't this year since I only went to two clubs. I don't remember my experiences last year.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

|home|about|albums|archive|forum|

© 2003-2007 Devipz.com