|home|about|albums|archive|forum|

Sunday, April 30, 2006

1. The Giants game was awesome; we had great seats in section L107, and the Giants won by a lot. I think the final score was 10-2 or something. We watched the rookie hit his first few and most of the players played well. It's interesting that the sea gulls know when exactly to fly in for food. A few lookout seagulls circled the park around the 7th inning. A few more came in the 8th, and then when the game was over, at least 200 birds were circling the park. I highly recommend taking the ferry to the game. The ferry drops you off right at the ballpark and picks you up 20 minutes after the game ends. You don't have to worry about traffic and looking for parking! Round-trip price is only $11.00 and completely worth the convenience. If you plan on taking the ferry more often, you have the option of buying booklets of tickets (5 tickets - $45, 10 tickets - $80).

2. I had a nice time at the wedding. No one wore the same dress. :D The setup was really pretty. Purple was the theme, and the room was spacious and well-decorated. One of the wedding games included giving a gift to the couple who was married the longest; the winners were married over 35 years. The guy who caught the garter won a Best Buy gift card, and the lady who caught the bouquet won a Bath & Body Works gift card. The really funny thing was the lady who caught the bouquet. She came out of the side and lunged for it. The maid of honor had to duck to avoid getting in the way of this determined bouquet-catching lady. Everyone was talking about that lady afterwards. It was funny. She really wanted that bouquet. I'm not a cake person, but that wedding cake was good!! I think it said it was a banana nut, carrot, and chocolate cake. I didn't taste any chocolate, but I liked it exactly the way it was. That's the first time I've really liked a cake!

// posted by Jen @ 11:28 AM
Comments:
i always wondered about those ladies who are determined to grab the bouquet. when my cousin got married, i was forced to go up there and i stepped back when the bouquet was thrown towards us lol

it just kinda shows how desperate you are when you fight for it lol i think it's cute if it kinda drops on you tho :P now that's fate. as for fighting for it... that's somethign else :P

was that mean? :|
 
No, that wasn't mean. It was really very funny what that lady did. I'll show you the pictures. She really lunged for it almost knocking over the Maid of Honor. :D I didn't even go up to catch the bouquet. Symon's aunt was asking me why I didn't go up. :P The cool thing that the bride and groom did was to throw in an extra incentive (gift cards) for people to go up there. I don't like going up there because all the attention is on everyone who's up there catching the bouquet. I usually stand in the back and chat with someone else in the back row. :P
 
Stepping back when the bouquet is tossed doesn't happen too often...but everytime the garter is tossed you see guys run from it like its a bomb. hehe
 
i think the gift card thing was cool too. might steal that idea :)

as for the garter thing, for my cousin's wedding, this little boy went grabbing it when everyone else kinda backed away lol he was so happy that he got it too lol!
 
Hmm.. my brother got it once when he was really young. Then the groom took the garter from him and rethrew it because the garter my brother 'caught' dropped right in front of him, and he was in the first row. So after the groom rethrew it, someone else caught it. The bride's mom told them they should have let my brother keep it since he did get it the first time. They ended up buying my brother a new garter. :P
 
that's so cute. how old was he?
 
Hmm.. I believe he was 6 or 7.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

|home|about|albums|archive|forum|

© 2003-2007 Devipz.com