
I didn't forget I said I'd blog about circumcisions. I know some of you hoped I had forgotten, but I didn't! :D Prior to the educational video I watched in class, I didn't think twice about circumcision. Well, for one, I personally didn't have to endure it, and second of all, I am not expecting a child anytime soon. However, after watching that video in class, my knowledge about circumcision increased exponentially. First of all, I don't think most of us knew how the process works. The penis of the boy or man (some decide to have the surgery later on in life) is fitted into a THING that looks like a guillotine. After the skin gets ripped off, blood splatters everywhere. I had to look away everytime a circumcision was shown. You should see the faces of the babies.. Circumcision began as a 'cure' for masturbation. Obviously that didn't work and neither did Kellogg's corn flakes! So when that didn't work, circumcision was rumored to protect against health risks and diseases. Circumcisions are NOT a medical necessity, and many pediatricians and doctors are against it. Circumcisions are a billion dollar industry. The myth (or the basis of parents' decisions) is that the penis with a foreskin is difficult to clean, but cleaning is actually very simple. LIFT IT UP! Make an informed decision when the time comes. Or, arm yourself with this knowledge of genital mutilation and spread the word. For a more detailed look, visit this website:
CIRCUMCISION VIDEOS You can purchase the video I viewed from this site.
By the way, the sexual sensitivity for someone who hasn't been circumcised is MUCH higher, like 40-60%. Circumcision takes off MUCH errogenous tissue.