|home|about|albums|archive|forum|

Friday, February 03, 2006

The sticker girl saga continues. It's been a while since I've interacted with them. Anyway, they were playing on the street when I came home and as soon as they saw me, they ran onto my driveway. I talked to them for a little bit and then told them I was going into the house because I had to use the restroom. (I've used numerous excuses, but bathroom was not one I had used.) I thought I was scotts-free. I was wrong.

Me: I'm going into the house now. I have to use the restroom.
Bigger sticker girl: Ok. We'll wait for you.
Me: Um.. I might take a while.
Bigger sticker girl: It's okay. We'll wait for you.
Me: ... Okay ...

Wow. That is serious persistence, but I knew these girls were persistent.. However, I figured they would leave after 5 minutes or so. I looked out 10 minutes later, and they were still outside my house, so I went back out with two bags of candy.

I forgot exactly what little sticker girl said, but it was definitely in a tone of complete appreciation. I was pretty surprised to hear that from her and at such a young age. Usually they just take the stickers (sometimes asking for more) and leave, but when I gave her a bag of candy, she really sounded like she appreciated it. Almost immediately she handed me an eraser to express her appreciation. Bigger sticker girl tried to give me a mint, which I politely declined, so she (bigger sticker girl) said, "Okay, well that eraser is from both of us!" As we departed, I said, "Thanks for the eraser!" The bigger sticker girl reiterated, "It's from both of us!"

I hope they won't become Candy + Sticker girls from now on.. What have I done?

<--- That's how the Sticker Girls run over onto my driveway whenever they see me pulling into the street.

// posted by Jen @ 5:33 PM
Comments:
uh oh...you just fed the stray cat seconds.
 
Nice analogy. :)
 
yeah i agree with mike. you dont feed stray cats because they always come back for more. i learned that today on kids next door, the cartoon lol
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

|home|about|albums|archive|forum|

© 2003-2007 Devipz.com