|home|about|albums|archive|forum|

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

This video, JAY LENO'S FAKE PHOTO BOOTH, is SO hilarious! I had at least four favorite ones.

I never understood why some restaurants gave discounts according to height. For example, at Todai's, you only get a children's discount if you're under 12 (or something) and under 5'0 (or something). That's height discrimination! I wonder how they came up with that. I mean, just because you're tall doesn't necessarily mean you eat a lot. I was 5'0 before I was 8! That means I would have had to pay full price for 4 extra years. :P

// posted by Jen @ 11:40 AM
Comments:
wouldnt it be hella wrong if they did it according to weight and age instead of height and age?
 
I am guessing that they didn't always have a height requirement. Maybe they felt like they had to add the clause in there because shady parents started to pass their teenagers off as 12 year olds.
 
It does suck for kids who's tall for their age. If they don't want to be cheated, they should ask for school ID or something. Height for restaurants? That's a tad ridiculous. It makes sense when they have that restriction for amusement parks, but for restaurants? =/
 
Eliza - That makes more sense if they did it according to weight. :P They would look at an overweight kid and think the kid will eat a lot at the buffet, so they charge him/her regular price. The skinny kids who eat a lot (us) would get a great deal. ;) I'm just kidding.. It's wrong to discriminate based on height or weight. :P

Doug - Dang those shady parents ruined it for all the tall people, but ..

leelee has a good suggestion. Basing it on a school ID could help. I might get the short end of the stick though because I was usually the youngest in my class, so even though my ID says I'm in 8th grade, I'm still 12!

I remember the lady at Knott's Berry Farm interrogated me because she didn't believe I was 12. Man, she was mean. She questioned my birthday and everything. Then she interrogated my mom. Are they paid that much to do all that work? Sheesh.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

|home|about|albums|archive|forum|

© 2003-2007 Devipz.com