I'd like to throw some love out there to Symon and Eliza.. These are the two people who frequently comment on my blogs and make me feel like someone out there actually reads what I write. Thanks. ;)

13 more days until Christmas.

I read a review someone had written about a Japanese restaurant (owned by Chinese people). She said the food was good, but the service could be 'toned down.' By that, she meant that within two minutes of sitting down, a waitress came over to ask her if she was ready to order. She wasn't, and another waitress came over a minute later to ask her again. She still wasn't. (Side note: I happen to know that most of the waitresses at this restaurant are Chinese.)
My response to her: Hello lady. A lot of Asian places are like this. Get with the program! If service is any slower, there might be a bunch of pissed off Asian people out there. Haha. Waiters/waitresses/owners want you in and out. Sure, it might not be the best service you've ever encountered, but it's quick. They get the job done.. usually. I can't stand how slow it takes for some waiters/waitresses to come and take my order, or how slow they take in giving me napkins. In many Asian restaurants you do not have a dedicated waiter or waitress. Everyone who works there helps out. That's usually why tips are divided among the staff and not individually. My friend told me that in restaurants in India, if you're almost done with your table, but are taking your sweet time to leave, the people waiting for your table will stand right next to your table and wait for you to leave. I have seen this happen at Asian restaurants here, too. :P