* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
As the night progressed, their plan went from crazy to crazier. (See today's earlier entry below.) Instead of sleeping until 4:00, they decided we would skip sleep altogether and be at Fry's by 4:00. Originally, they had decided to hit some local stops. Fry's had not been considered maybe because Fry's was several cities away, but delirum must have gotten to them... My advocacy for sleep was ignored and so was my desire to stay home. Alas, we were on our way to shop.
On our way to Fry's, we passed by several malls and electronics stores. One of them was Best Buy. The time was 4:00, and Best Buy's parking lot was full. There was a line of approximately 100 people. That was nothing in comparison to Fry's. By the time we arrived, there were probably almost 300 people in line already, most of whom were Chinese. :P (Prior to arriving at Fry's, I had predicted that most of those in line would be Chinese, and I wasn't disappointed. I would estimate now that 90% of the people at Fry's were Chinese.) A very dazed and hungry me stood waiting and watched the new arrivals walk further and further back to the end of the line. 5:00 came and thankfully we were in the store by 5:20. I must admit, there was some thrill of walking into the store. :P Unfortunately one of the items we wanted was already sold out... apparently sold out within 5 minutes! However, they found some of the items they wanted, and then we headed for the registers... only to find ourselves stuck in yet another line. Our plan had initially been that I would be the line-stander, but the line didn't seem that long. Then everyone seemed to rush to pay at the same time. Thankfully the line moved quicker and quicker after half an hour... We went to two more stores after that before heading home for a quick nap. Black Friday was suprisingly drama-free.
I'm all for sleep. I haven't seen a deal that I care to sacrifice sleep for, but it was an interesting experience, and if we do it again next year, we have to plan ahead, like sleep by 8:00P.M. and wake up at 2:00 to go to the store!
