
My friend is planning a camping trip, and I've agreed to go. I've never gone camping before for several reasons: First and foremost, I never really had the desire to go camping. I stayed at a hotel when I visited Yosemite. :P Second, bugs love me. I mean LOVE. I cannot emphasize this enough. I get attacked. It has happened way too many times to be a coincidence. When I was in Hawaii, I got many huge bites all over my legs. The bites were so uncomfortable and large that my doctor prescribed some medication to help me get through the rough time. Another time, right before I left for Seattle, mosquitos (I assume) attacked me all over my face. I woke up to a surprise the morning of my flight. My face looked worse than Quasimoto. No joke. Come to think of it, I've only been attacked by bugs (knock on wood) in the U.S. I don't have any horrible overseas bite stories. Third, I don't like bugs, especially because of their special interest in me. They are creepy and crawly, and I feel icky when I see them. That's one reason why my brave college roommate had to come into my room to kill the spiders. I've had too many bad experiences. Speaking of spiders, I think I was bit by a spider during a trip to Los Angelos. My whole forearm was swollen for two weeks. Last, but not least, I have allergies. Thanks to Davis. I don't know what exactly I'm allergic to. I guess it's what all Davis students become allergic to after 4 years there! So, I can look forward to congestion, sniffles, sneezing, headaches, etc. You name it. I'll have the symptom.
I have no clue why I agreed to go. Well, I am curious about the experience, but I seriously hope the pros outweigh the cons!
Note to self: bring 2 gallons of bug spray, a bug screen, a bug net (what are those things called?), a box of allergy pills, and some chefs. Hopefully I'll survive this experience and enjoy it.
.... right....