I have a new
guestbook for my new site! Yay!
What happened to all my spunk? I think I had lots and lots of it before and during high school. Maybe my lack of spunk is the result of the more complete development of my ego, psychologically speaking (definition: In psychoanalysis, the division of the psyche that is conscious, most immediately controls thought and behavior, and is most in touch with external reality. Credit: dictionary.com). I wasn't so afraid or inhibited to do things before, but now I assess situations more carefully. I'd like to think there's some spunk and spontaneity in me. At least I notice that I have less now.. maybe I can work on that. I think I did a bit of reviving my spunk this year... so far it's been a very good and chill year. I did a lot of things, tried a lot of new things... Even if I'm not as spunky as before, at least I have some left. When things look bleak on the right, look to the left... there's always something good out there. Sometimes you just have to look a little harder to find it, but it's there.
Here's a little story... haven't told one in a while.
A long time ago, more than 4 years ago, I had a conversation with my friend. He told me he really liked a girl, and he wanted to tell her, but he didn't know if he should or how. Being a supportive friend and seeing how much he wanted to tell her, I encouraged him... we talked a bit about it, and he told me more about his feelings for her. The next week I received an email from him... I was that girl. How surprised was I? I had no clue it was me. My jaw dropped, my eyes bulged... and not a sound could escape... He's one tricky guy.