I'm going to attempt to blog every day. I haven't been writing very often because I've been lacking creativity. Hopefully making myself think of something to write will stimulate any last bit of creativity I have left inside this tired brain.
When you are in a theatre, you get the general warnings to turn off your phone and to not chat with others while the movie or show is playing. No one has ever addressed the issues of farts. That needs to be included in the warnings. "Please be courteous to fellow patrons, and do not fart while the show is in session." How many times were you enjoying a great movie or show when all of sudden your unsuspecting nose sniffed out something foul? I can't stand that! I have a very sensitive nose so someone with a less sensitive nose might only smell the fart for a few seconds, but my nose smells it from start to finish. It really ruins at least a good minute of the show/movie for me. During the time I am distracted by someone's inability to hold their gas, I will have missed a good minute of the movie/show. So please, the next time you feel the need to fart at the theatre, please remember this blog entry and for the goodness of all humankind, hold your fart until you are alone (maybe even during intermission if you can get to a private place in time). The smell is as bad as a cell phone ringing or someone chatting loudly during the movie. Thank you.
Edit: There was a comment that I could just make a request that people don't fart around me. My response is that the problem is not that people fart around me. It's more of a problem when people fart around me when I can't escape the smell, such as at the theatre. In many other situations I can walk away and go back to my location when the air is clear. During a show, you can't stand up and scream, "You farted!!" That's almost as rude as the person who farts next to you. In a theatre, there is not outlet except to hold your breath and hope for the best. You have to hide inside your clothes, thus missing part of the show. I also think that people let it loose inside dark environments, such as theatres, because they think their farts are more anonymous in those places. Please be courteous!!