|home|about|albums|archive|forum|

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

I heard this on the radio today, but it was so ridiculous I had no idea if it was a joke or not.

I don't normally listen to the callers or pranks; I prefer music, but I happened to catch this one caller. He proposed to his girlfriend over the holidays, and she told him that she needed time to think about it. As a result, he suspected she had another man. So, the radio host called the girlfriend and pretended that the girlfriend had won a dozen long-stemmed roses to give to anyone of her choice. The girlfriend, let's call her Rachel for simplicity, said she did not want to send any flowers. The host then told Rachel that she could send them to her boyfriend's, and then just enjoy the flowers at his place. Rachel said, "No, that's a guy's job to do things like that to win me over." (Now, I'm just summarizing what was said.) She said some other stuff that led the host to ask, "Are you saying your boyfriend hasn't won you over?" Rachel responded, "Yes." At that point, her boyfriend, Rick, said, "I haven't won you over yet? What do you mean?" So then Rachel told him she would be honest with him. The conversation went something like this:

Rachel: I'm going to be honest with you, Rick. You don't make enough money for the lifestyle I deserve.
Host: What is it that you do, Rick?
Rick: I'm an investment banker.
(Me: HAHAHAHHAHAHA. WTF.)
Rachel: I mean, Rick, you gave me a 1 carat ring with 3 (somethings). I need a 3 carat ring at least. What is my mom and my friends going to say? My Facebook friends..
(Me: HAHAHAHHAHAHA. WTF.)

.. and by ridiculous, I was referring to Rachel. ;)

// posted by Jen @ 12:08 AM

|home|about|albums|archive|forum|

© 2003-2007 Devipz.com