In preparation for two exams that I will be taking within a year, I read an information packet on these exams. I learned that our thumbprints will be taken when we check in to take the exam and each time we reenter the room after an
approved absence (meaning restroom break). That was the most interesting thing I read until I read this:
Only one candidate will be allowed to take a restroom break at a time. Candidates are required to sign out when you leave the room and when you return.
If a candidate's restroom break takes longer than 5 minutes, a proctor will check on the candidate and will notify the applicable regulatory entity of the occurrence, which will take appropriate action. Hopefully no one has diarrhea that lasts for longer than 4 minutes and 15 seconds.. I'm factoring in the length of time it could take to and from the bathroom. I feel sorry for the poor sucka who will be dragged off the toilet because he took 5 minutes and 2 seconds.. As if the exam wasn't anxiety-provoking enough, now we have to time our restroom usage..