|home|about|albums|archive|forum|

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Part III of the East Coast trip:

Massachusetts was our final stop, and we stayed in Boston. Two words: Lobsters galore. We ate a lot of lobster and clam chowder in Boston. If you're into history, there's a lot of that in Boston. On my second day in Boston, someone asked me for directions to Newbury Street. Without flinching, wrinkling my brows, or looking at a map, I gave her the directions. :) "Go straight down this way. It's the next block." :D Note: Clothing under $175 is tax-free. Shop away.

Boston:

Legal Sea Foods - This was highly recommended by several people. It's a great restaurant, and we ate here for lunch and dinner. There are several locations around Boston, so make sure you find the one closest to your hotel.
Entrees/appetizer recommendations and reviews:
1. Legal's New England Clam Chowder -This was excellent. It was creamy and tasty. Just the way I like it. I highly recommend a bowl or two of it. :)
2. Lite Clam Chowder - This is a broth. I enjoy creamy soups but this broth was pretty darn good.
3. Crabmeat Roll (lunch item) - You can't go wrong with this. It's delicious!
4. Legal Experience (appetizer) - I ordered this as a meal since it had a variety of food. It was smaller than I expected but fantastic. It included tuna sashimi, steamed wontons, shrimp cocktail and crab cakes.
5. Seafood Casserole - This included scallops, shrimp, lobster and scrod baked with cheese and sherry garlic butter or cream sauce plus carrots and cauliflower. This was not as good as I expected but still good nonetheless.
6. New England Lobster Bake - This includes a cup of chowder, a plate of steamers, mussels, chouriço, corn on the cob, and a steamed 1-1.25 lb. lobster. A mouth-watering meal. 7. Crab & Mushroom Crepe - This was a special of the day and SO very good. Basically I liked everything we ate. I definitely recommend this restaurant if you're in the area!

No Name Restaurant - This was another highly recommended restaurant. There was a line out of the door when we finished our meal. I thought the food here was okay. My Seafood Plate was decent and included a variety of fried seafood, like shrimp, fish, etc. The lobster was good and came with shrimp, scallops, and corn on the cob. I did not like their Seafood Chowder. If I ever go back, I will not order that again. It had chunks and chunks of fish in it. I like fish, but there was way too much fish in there. This chowder was a broth.

Quincy Market - For your shopping and food needs! This food "court"/market is huge. The "food court" area is one long hallway. There are SO many choices. You could eat here at least several times during your trip. We had the Lobster Roll and Clam Chowder. They were both good. There is plenty of shopping to be done around the food court. A one stop shop.

Chinatown - If you're from the Bay Area, there really is no need to have Chinese food in Boston. We had dinner at, New Jumbo Seafood Restaurant, the "best" Chinese restaurant in Boston. The place was small and very crowded. The food was not bad.

Harvard - I was there. I think that's basically the point of visiting Harvard. Hehe. We saw the statue of Harvard and learned that it's not even a replica of him. Long story short: There were few to none portraits of Harvard, so a student dressed up as Harvard, and the statue was made to look like the student. Um. Yeah. The cafeteria inside Harvard had AWESOME FOOD! We had breakfast sandwiches and carrots and celery with ranch. That was a delicious breakfast.

M.I.T. - I was there.

Boston Harbor Cruise Tour - I liked the Statue of Liberty cruise better, but this was pretty cool. We saw the Boston Tea Party shipyard area and other notable historical locations that I can't remember. Haha.

Newbury Street - I think this is THE shopping street. There are so many different stores for so many different interests. We did SO much shopping on this street.

Newbury Comics - If you're into comic books and comic characters, this will be a fun place to shop.

Park Plaza -This place has a small food court and a couple of shops. If you want a quick Dunkin' Donut fixin' or more Sbarro pizza, this is the place to grab them. There is a trolley here that takes you around Boston for a fee.

Cheers Bar - You know, where everybody knows your name?

Boston Common - Large park with statues.

Freedom Trail - If you're a huge history buff, this will of interest to you. This red trail takes you to many different sites, such as Paul Revere's house (entry fee), Bunker Hill Monument, Boston Common (aforementioned), site of Boston Massacre, Faneuil Hall, etc. etc.

// posted by Jen @ 5:32 PM

|home|about|albums|archive|forum|

© 2003-2007 Devipz.com