|home|about|albums|archive|forum|

Thursday, March 08, 2007

East Coast journal entry continued..

Pennsylvania:

Liberty Bell - The old one is inside the "museum." I think that was probably the most interesting thing to take a picture of.

Hershey's Chocolate World - THIS PLACE ROCKS!!!!! I loved this place. It was so cool. They have an awesome ride that shows you how their chocolate is made. At the end of the ride, employees give you samples of chocolate. Then you will step into a cool gift shop much like M&M's World, but filled with Hershey's, Twizzlers, Kisses, etc. etc. products. There is also a food court / bakery with snacks and chocolate delights. There's a 3D show, trolleys, a park (seasonal) full of rides, and just plenty of fun. This place is a must-see if you're in the area!

Washington D.C. :

D.C. was what I expected.. full of history and politicians. :)

Thomas Jefferson Memorial, Lincoln Memorial, Korean War Memorial, and Vietnam War Memorial - They were all really interesting to visit. If you just want to see these places, I think no more than half an hour is needed at the Presidents' memorials and an hour or two at the war memorials.

Smithsonian Institution Air and Space Museum - I thought this museum was neat. There is a booth where you can buy dog tags, if you're interested. There were definitely a lot of interesting air and space facts, artifacts, etc. etc. to see and read. Interestingly the museum housed other items as well, such as the hat President Lincoln wore to Ford's Theatre the night he was assassinated, the laptop of Carrie (Sarah Jessica Parker's character on Sex & The City), the carbon-filament bulb Thomas Edison used in his first public demonstration, Kermit the Frog, etc. etc. If you enjoy musuems, this would be a good place to spend several hours.

White House - but of course. I took a couple of pictures of the "National Christmas Tree."

Independence Hall, Old Congress, and Capital Hill - Just places to look at it if you're in D.C.

Ford's Theatre and the House where Lincoln Died - These two are across from each other. The house where Lincoln died is open to visitors if that's something you'd enjoy checking out.

Niagara Falls, New York:

I've been to Niagara Falls in Canada twice, and I have to say that there is a lot more fun stuff on the Canada side. Still, there are plenty of nice pictures to be taken on the New York side, but if you're looking for fun and plenty of tourists, go to the Canada side. If you just want breathtaking pictures, you can get them from either side. During the summer time, the Maid of the Mist cruise tour is a must-do while in Niagara Falls and can be taken on both the New York and Canada side. I had never seen Niagara Falls during the Winter since I'd only gone during summer time, so it was neat to see during a different season.

Corning, New York:

Corning Museum of Glass - Interesting if you're in the area, but nothing I'd recommend going out of your way for unless you're truly fascinated by all things glass. Tons of people picked up great deals in their gift shop. There is a show where some guys show you how they create a glass vase. It's really cool. There is also a raffle during the show. The winner picks up a beautiful vase.

I think this post is long enough for one day. I'll post about Boston tomorrow!

// posted by Jen @ 5:52 PM

|home|about|albums|archive|forum|

© 2003-2007 Devipz.com