|home|about|albums|archive|forum|

Thursday, January 11, 2007

*WARNING* A long post mainly comprised of pictures from my recent trip to Hong Kong. As you probably know by now, I do not post pictures of me on public sites; therefore I have a limited selection of pictures from my trip to post here. See entries from January 8th and 9th for more Hong Kong recommendations.

Some Hong Kong attraction recommendations as told by devipz:

The view from Ocean Terminal is spectacular. There was something happening there on Christmas Day, but I'm not quite sure what. All I saw were hundreds of people lined up in an orderly fashion outside the building. Here is a picture of people lining up:


... and the view:


Jun Hoy Lau (This is my translation; I have no idea what this place is called in English.) is located in an area where many wealthy people live. There are a lot of statues here. You are supposed to rub three of the statues. These statues stand together in a row. For one of them, you are supposed to rub it from head to toe, and then put your hands immediately in your pockets. This signifies you will have good fortune that will not be lost immediately. If you rub the one next to it, you will have babies. :P I do not have a picture of these statues, but here is a picture from this attraction:


I am not exactly a fan of wax museums, but Madame Toussaud's in Hong Kong is very interesting because you get to pose with Chinese celebrities in addition to the American, European, etc. celebrities you would find in U.S.A. wax museums. I had the pleasure of posing with celebrities such as Jay Chou, Aaron Kwok, Andy Lau, Leon Lai, Yao Ming, etc. and other celebrities like Tiger Woods, Elvis, Beatles, Madonna, Beckham, Ghandi, Alfred Hitchcock, and Elizabeth Taylor. The list goes on. The museum is two stories floors inside a six or seven-story building with a fantastic view of Hong Kong. Unfortunately there is only one picture I took at the wax museum that does not include me:


The view from the top of the building:


The Bruce Lee statue! A Walk of Fame (very much like the Hollywood one) leads to the statue.


Tai O is a quaint little fishing village. The shark across from this shop was almost twice as large. Here is a picture of the smaller shark, which was still quite large.


Po Lin Monastery Tian Tan Buddha Statue is really neat. This is the layout:


After you climb 266 steps, you reach the top of the VERY LARGE statue:


The view from a distance:


Performance by trainees at the monastery:








After you walk the Path of Wisdom, you will reach 38 virtues (not exactly sure what it is called).

One of Hong Kong's newest attractions is the Ngong Ping Skyrail, which gives you very beautiful bird eye views:


I forgot where I had dined, but when I exited, I was inside a mall and saw a huge posterboard advertisement of Il Divo! That was so exciting. ;)


Charlie Brown Cafe!

// posted by Jen @ 6:10 PM
Comments:
That's my motherland.
 
Did you buy anything at the Charlie Brown cafe'? Thats pretty cool.
 
I didn't buy anything at Charlie Brown Cafe. I was busy shopping across the street. My friend's family ate there and said they served drinks and snacks. They also sell figurines and dolls from the Peanuts gang.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

|home|about|albums|archive|forum|

© 2003-2007 Devipz.com