|home|about|albums|archive|forum|
Wednesday, January 31, 2007
I have been seeing commercials for the movie "Bridge to Terabithia." Please do not read on if you have not read the book and/or plan on watching the movie. I don't understand why we had to read SO many books with sad endings in school. I can't remember one single happy book. Maybe there was one, but the sad endings outweighed the "happy" ones by far! Bridge to Terabithia was a sad book. Rats of NIMH, Tuck Everlasting, and the list continues. Ugh. I can't remember the names of the other books. I've shut them out of my mind. The lesson learned in school: Authors / teachers / school administrators do not think there is enough sadness and depression in life and want students to experience those emotions through books. I know death is inevitable, but do we have to read about it in every book we read in school?!