|home|about|albums|archive|forum|

Sunday, July 02, 2006

Last night (Saturday) was one of the best nights I've had.. I went to the Il Divo concert. *swoon.* At one point, I thought to myself, Oh my gawd. The men of Il Divo are right here in front of me!!! It was an awesome concert. Katie Melua opened up for them. I only know one of her songs: The Closest Thing To Crazy, which was the song she finished with. Anyway, I was soo excited and happy to be at the Il Divo concert. I bought a posters, pictures with the guys' autographs, and the World Tour book. The concert was absolutely wonderful!!!!! Symon helped me take a lot of picture so I could focus on the guys and their singing. I will post them up as soon as he edits and organizes them. Thanks, Symon. :) Unfortunately the guys won't be back until November for the Barbra Streisand concert, which is where they will be the opening act. I cannot wait until their next concert! I also can't wait until their World Tour concert dvd is released. It was filmed at the Greek Theatre in L.A. a few days ago.

It was a busy weekend. On Friday, I went to Rouge SF with some friends. It was my first time there, and I thought it was alright. I heard the place used to be better, the way most clubs are good the first few years. The crowd was big, but not packed, and is typically comprised of young professionals. The music was okay, but I wasn't quite in the mood to dance. I'm not sure why. I think a lot of us were tired since it was a workday. We had a booth, and the one girl who was taking care of us was really good at her job. We also got free 'shots' of Smirnoff Raspberry-something.

Today I went to the wedding of a middle school/high school classmate and friend. It was fun. In the morning, I got to her house late and missed the tea ceremony, but I made it for the Vietnamese brunch. I ate food I have never eaten before. It was good. Then one of the guests came up with the idea to decorate the car of the wedding couple, so after brunch, we went to a few local stores to purchase decoration supplies. I think we did a good job with the decoration.. I hope it stayed while they drove around. :D A few hours later we went to the restaurant for the ceremony and banquet. I got to experience Mien, Thai, and Vietnamese culture. There were ethnic songs being played by what I can only describe as Asian-style bagpipes. My friend, the bride, wore traditional Mien or Thai (?) headwear and outfit during the guest tea ceremony, where the bride and groom have to pour tea for them. There was a lot of karaoke and people sang songs in different languages. Then, I think there was a DJ. The wedding favors were two CDs: one with slow jams, the other a hip hop mix. The last two weddings have been neat cultural experiences because they were different from the usual Chinese weddings I attend. Not that there's anything wrong with Chinese weddings because I enjoy them, but it's nice to see celebrations in other cultures and ethnic groups. I also saw lots of people I haven't seen since high school!

... and the weekend continues!

// posted by Jen @ 10:51 PM
Comments:
You couldn't believe the Il Divo guys were right in front of you? I couldn't believe it either.. Why was I there?
 
Yeah.. guys!

That would be really interesting I had a wedding in a different culture.. Hmm.. which culture would you select? :D
 
Would your favors be anime/manga? :D
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

|home|about|albums|archive|forum|

© 2003-2007 Devipz.com