I went to an A's VS. Tigers / Beer Festival game yesterday. The A's won 2-1 after extra innings. I didn't see Stomper yesterday, but Symon and I realized the resemblance between Elliot and Stomper. ;) Check out
STOMPER'S WEBSITE. I saw someone wearing a Stomper jersey! Maybe I'll bring Elliot to the next A's game. ;) I got a free visor:


Beer Festival was pre-game and great. It was two and a half hours long. Symon and I both ran into friends. Entrance was free with game ticket, and for $10, you received a souvenir plastic beer cup (see above picture) and 2 tastings. There were over 30 different breweries, such as Fat Tire, Budweiser, Bud Light, Coors, Miller, Corona, Sierra Nevada, Black Diamond Brewing Company, Widmer, Kona, Redhook, Deschutes Brewery, Drakes Brewing Company, Heineken, Firestone Walker, Gordon Biersch, New Belgium Brewing, Pacific Libations, Phuket Beer USA, Pilsner Urquell, and Trumer Pils. Blue Diamond Growers was also there passing out their almonds, which were very good. One of the girls who passed out the almonds asked to take our pictures. When asked why, she responded she wanted to take a picture of us having a good time with the Blue Diamond Almonds.. If you see a picture floating around on the internet that has me posing with a bag of the almonds, let me know.. :D She took the picture with a film camera though.. A group called Wonderbread 5 provided us with live music and entertainment. Those guys were good, and the lead singer could really belt out Jackson 5 tunes like a young Michael.
The A's will be having Wine Festival on Saturday, August 12th. It will include wines from over 40 Napa Valley wineries and live music. Check
THIS LINK out for more information on Wine Festival. If it will be anything like Beer Festival, it should be good!
Wednesdays are $1 hot dog nights.. Mmm.. yum. I miss $1 taco nights..