This picture brings a smile to my face.
Entry regarding my vacation continues..
We had a great time on the ship. There were many fun activities and shows to watch. The first thing we did after we checked out our room was eat. We had buffet for breakfast, lunch, and snack, but ate in the dining rooms for dinner. We ate a lot the whole cruise. :D During our time there, we never missed a night of pizza. We hit up the pizza place every night. One of the more fun buffets was the chocolate / dessert one. That line was LONG. The mid day BBQ was awesome too.
We watched several shows aboard the cruise ship. The first show we watched was the "Welcome Aboard" show, which included dancing and singing. There were some good song and dances to songs from Dirty Dancing, Flashdance, Footloose, Saturday Night Fever, etc.. The other musical was better and featured scenes from West Side Story, Singin' In the Rain, Sweet Charity, etc. My favorite show is always the "Love & Marriage" show. I think every cruise ship I've been on has this show. Three couples are selected as contestants, and they are asked questions to see which couple knows each other best. They select three different types of couples: newlyweds, 5-25 years of marriage, or 26+ years of marriage. This game is hilarious. Bobby Arvon was also the star of one of the shows. He's the guy who sang the theme song to Happy Days. We also watched the comedy of Kevin Jordan. He is one funny guy. I enjoyed most of his jokes.
We also participated in many activities. We watched people karaoke, and one guy took off his shirt during his song. Some people were pretty faded while they sang. One of the lounges featured two pianists who played and sang songs that the audience requested. The bigger the bill (usually they got fives and tens, but there were occasional twenties), the more likely they would sing and play your request. The two pianists worked really well with each other and were really funny. Other lounges and bars featured DJs, other pianists, guitarists, etc. Symon participated in several tournaments - ping pong, free throw contest, and hot shots. We went dancing one night also. That was fun. I always like watching ice carving demonstration. The guy carved a ram.
There was so much to do; we missed a lot. There were mornings I just couldn't wake up early enough to attend the events. I missed bowling, the scrapbook workshops, bean bag toss tournaments, aerobics and yoga classes, raffles, art shows, ballroom dance class, the cooking demonstration, etc.
After we disembarked, we spent a couple more days in L.A. to wind down. We went to the Angels VS. Seattle game. Angels won and scored more than 10 runs, which meant that everyone in the stadium received free Hooters wings (use the game ticket as a voucher). Symon and I decided to collect pins from every stadium that we visit. I also shopped a lot at the Snoopy Headquarters at Knott's Berry Farm and at Downtown Disney. We didn't have enough time to visit the Medieval Times show. We'll do that next time.
Anyway, my trip was all fun and good times. I was so sad to have to go back to work. I think I should work less this summer before I start to work 40+ hours a week again beginning in August..