*
*
*
I bought my brother a Batman lego set. It's super cool. Here's Batman:

As I browsed through the wedding registries of my friends, I started thinking about how much I am supposed to spend on the gifts. I had no clue, so I googled and found an article, which stated:
* *
Wedding gifts:
Co-worker and/or distant family friend or relative: $50-$75
Relative or friend: $75-100
Close relative or close friend: $100-$150
The wedding gift is based on your relationship with the bride and the groom; your affection for them and their families; location of wedding (metropolitan vs. rural); what other people are doing for them; and, of course, your budget. If you're a college grad and you spend just $50, that's perfectly acceptable. They wouldn't want you to break the bank. They want to you go to their wedding.
The Wedding Channel suggests that the average amount for an engagement gift is $35, while the average amount for a shower gift is $25.
* *
The article also stated that the amount you spend on the gift should not reflect the budget of the wedding. So you don't need to spend according to whether the wedding is low-key or high-end.
Well, I guess this means I need to make sacrifices so I can buy these $100 wedding gifts for all these weddings I am going to this year. That means one less purse for me this year. Sigh.