|home|about|albums|archive|forum|

Sunday, March 12, 2006

I heard it hailed and snowed this weekend. I was in the office all morning Friday, so I didn't see anything, and I haven't seen any of it this weekend either. All this talk about hail and snow reminded me of an incident when I was an undergraduate student at Davis. I went home for the weekend, just like most weekends, and since I didn't have class until Monday evening, I was still at home in the Bay Area Monday morning. My friend called me bright and early around 7 and said, "Look out the window!!! It's snowing!!!!" From what I recall, it doesn't snow in Davis or at least is very rare. Even though I was incredibly groggy, I was super excited. I looked out my window and didn't see any snow. I said, "What? I don't see any snow!" She asked, "Where are you?" I told her I was at home, and she said, "Oops.. It's snowing in Davis." So not only did she rub it in that I didn't get to see the snow, but she also woke me up at 7. :P I think she meant well. ;)

There was a 32-car pile up on 101 in Sausalito Saturday morning around 2. There were 2 fatalities and many injuries. :/ The two people in a Honda Civic died. That freeway was closed for 11 hours while CHP tried to piece together the sequence of events and have the cars towed.

// posted by Jen @ 12:47 PM
Comments:
i'm actually kinda freaked out by the weird weather...

i'm scared it's foreshadowing something bad...
 
Today, I saw snow covered mountain tops about 30 miles from where I live. It looked so surreal. Snow in San Diego - think about it. On my commute home, there was at least 3 cars pulled over to the side while the driver was outside snapping pictures. Yesterday, I saw an equally beautiful natural occurance; a nearly complete rainbow except for the very tip top which was missing or just out of view. That was an amazing first for me. It almost got me killed though. I was so mesmorized by the rainbow that I wasn't paying very much attention to the roads while driving lol.

P.S. Thank you guys (S&J) so much for the package! I really enjoyed the photos. Gum je gum je!

27 is the new 17, don't disrespect! :)
 
You're welcome, Douglas.

Snow in San Diego.. that's pretty crazy. :P
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

|home|about|albums|archive|forum|

© 2003-2007 Devipz.com