When shopping at Circuit City goes wrong..
I ordered my Gamecube on circuitcity.com. It was supposed to come with Smash Brothers Melee and Legend of Zelda: Wind Wakers. I opened the package today, and Wind Wakers was missing, so I called Circuit City and told the guy it was missing. Here's the gist of our conversation.
Him: Ma'am, the order was out of stock, so the package deal no longer applies.
Me: No, I ordered it when it was IN STOCK, and my order said I would be receiving the game. The only reason I ordered the Gamecube from Circuit City is because it said it would come with the game.
Him: Did you select the package deal?
Me: Yes. (There's only one link!)
Him: Please hold while I check the details of your order.
Bullcrap.
He comes back on the line to tell me that he's sending out this request to the warehouse so they can check the order. I'll receive the game in 7-9 days. Yeah, let's see if that happens. I ask him who I contact to get updates on this request. I'm put on hold for 10 more minutes, but he gave me a reference number. Reminder to self: check in 2 days.
I was still determined and hoped my experience with Circuit City would get better.
Symon called the store, and the guy said he'd reserve a copy of the game for us. We just needed to bring our receipt to show proof of purchase. We went to the store, and the guy tried to help us. I'm not sure why, but he had to ask the manager for some help. The imbecile manager came over and was useless. I could tell he was talking out of his rear end. He was trying to tell me that because I got free shipping on my order, I don't get a free game. I told him that the promotion didn't work like that, and he tried to give me attitude. I gave it right back to him. Anyway, he was completely useless and left. The guy who was originally helping us kept trying, but he couldn't give us the game because the promotion ended already. He knew about the promotion though, but the manager talked like he had no clue and fed me similar bullcrap as the guy I initially called. The imbecile (manager) wasn't trying to help either. He was impolite, feeble-minded and unprofessional. Why do they hire such moronic people to manage a store?!