|home|about|albums|archive|forum|

Friday, September 23, 2005

I figured something out about people's standards when it comes to mates or even just when it comes to appraising other people's looks.

If you think you're worthy of someone hot, your standards are much higher. You find less people attractive. If you've dated someone who you think is above your 'level' (you know, the wow.. I can't believe THIS person likes ME!), then your standards go up. If you don't find yourself very attractive, your standards are much lower, and you tend to think more people are attractive. Of course, people have different taste, but usually people unamimously agree on the super beautiful people. There's that ladder, too. Some girls / guys are at the top of the list, but you might not always get those hot ones, so you might start at the middle rung.

.. and guys, they're the ones who are always on the hunt when they're single. Every single female is a potential sexual partner. Sometimes if the guys are desperate, even the ones who they aren't attracted to might have a chance. Then when they realize the error they made, they dump the girl with quickness or maybe after several months. This should sound familiar, if not something you (guy) have said, but you may have heard your guy friends say this. "I'm not that attracted to her, but she's available / into me, and I want to have sex / be in a relationship. Three months to a year later, "I can't put up with this facade. I don't even really like her." I have supported many a-friends on this 'dilemma.' It's better to move on. Stop leading her on, and let her find someone who's going to be attracted to her.

If one's desperate enough, this might start to look good, eh?



At least she's got boobs!

// posted by Jen @ 5:39 PM

|home|about|albums|archive|forum|

© 2003-2007 Devipz.com