Some friends and I were going to go to Southern California to visit a friend, but then some last minute things changed our plans, and we decided to head up to Vancouver for some fun. A road trip was planned and off we went.
On the way there, I made a call for Symon who was driving. I called a credit card company to ask about the currency exchange fee, but the guy (let's call him BJ, which are his initials) needed to collect the credit card number before giving me that information. I told him I was calling for Symon since I was giving his credit card number, and then BJ asked to speak to Symon. He asked Symon 'security' type questions, like last four digits of social security, address, and phone number. Questions I thought were pretty stupid considering if I was a thief, I would have all that information had I stolen Symon's wallet. Anyway, I couldn't believe how incredibly dumb (I'm toning my feelings down) BJ was.. what kind of thief would steal someone's credit card number, and then call the credit company asking about currency exchange fees? Why would a thief care if those charges were placed on the credit card? Damn, BJ, think! Anyway, after Symon answered all of BJ's questions and handed the phone back to me, I asked BJ my question again. He said, "I'm going to transfer you to security." Then he transferred me. Next thing I know, Beverly picks up the phone and asks me questions, like my name, etc. I told her I'm calling for Symon, and then she asked to speak to Symon. She asked Symon more 'security questions,' and then he said, "We just had one question." Then he handed the phone back to me, and she said, "I wouldn't be able to give you that information. This is the frauds department." After that phone call, I was ranting for a good half an hour about what an idiot BJ was. I appreciate a credit card company looking after the little people, but COME ON!??!?! What FREAKIN' thief calls and asks about currency exchange fees?!?! .. and that was how my trip began. To be continued...