My Canada trip pictures are up in my private gallery.
Canada trip continued...
I spend a whole day shopping, but didn't end up buying much! I was a bit disappointed. I think I prefer shopping in Toronto. My first stop of the day was at
SHABUSEN. It was excellent, and I highly recommend it if you're in the area. It's a Japanese all-you-can-eat restaurant. Make sure you order as much as you want because I think you can only order once per person off the list, and you can't waste any food. It costs $12.95CDN + tax/person. It was excellent and definitely worth it. You can also order off a regular menu. Since we were downtown, we walked around Robson Street, which is right next to the restaurant. Robson street is supposed to be like the Rodeo Drive of Vancouver. I also got a green apple ice cream drink and a mango yogurt drink at Blenz, which is kind of like a Starbuck's. Parking downtown is pretty pricey at the meters. It costs $2 for 40 minutes, and it is actually cheaper to park in some of the parking lots! After Robson Street, we headed to Metropolis in Burnaby. It is supposed to be the biggest mall in B.C., but we didn't have time to finish it because it closed at 6. After that, we went to Chinatown's Nightmarket (on Keefer and Main Street). Nightmarket is like a street festival, and it spans two blocks. One block had booths filled with clothes, dvds, electronics, random items, jewelry, purses, watches, etc., and the other block had food, which looked good! I got a big taro milk tea for $2. They also had a little train ride for the kids, and the tracks were on different pieces of cardboard. When it got dark, we went to stanley park to take pictures of a bridge, then had dinner at Boston Pizza, and then took pictures of the hotel.


To be continued...