When I'm in Chinatown, I can expect to see something disturbing. If it's not someone hacking out his spit midair onto the street, it's someone digging up his / her nose like there's gold in there. Those don't affect me personally, but it is pretty disgusting to see. The worst offense of all in Chinatown, at least that I've encountered, is something that does affect me, and that is Chinese people who cut others in line. Here's what happens and DID happen today: I was waiting in line at a bakery behind a man. I was looking around when all of sudden this woman popped in between us and started yelling out her order. The man and I both looked at her. It was supposed to be his turn, but she yelled out her order several times. The employees don't care who was in line first. They just take the orders that are being screamed out. I'm totally not a screamer when it comes to ordering. I believe in waiting my turn! Anyway, I was going to say something since it was the poor man's turn, but then when another lady tried to cut him, he loudly announced his order. I don't like ordering in Chinese bakeries and delis because of all the people who don't care about waiting in line. If you're passive, you'll order last! When I'm at the Vietnamese deli, I always look around to make sure the people before me order first, but I've also learned to be more aggressive. I don't have all day!
Tip for when you shop in a Chinatown delicatessen or bakery: Start screaming your order once you walk through the doorway. Take no prisoners.