Time flies by pretty quickly. I left for Southern California last Thursday, and what do you know.. it's Thursday again. I've only gone on two trips so far this year, but on both trips, it was raining a lot. Sheesh. Anyway, the trip was great. As soon as I stepped off the hotel shuttle onto Disneyland, the rain started pouring like crazy! People huddled under the ticket counters, but the rain wasn't going to stop me. I got completely soaked. The line for ponchos was out the door! Disneyland was celebrating it's 50th anniversary, and I forgot to buy a 50th Anniversary t-shirt. Dang, I remembered after I got back because my mom asked me about it. I, however, did get a 'I like my boyfriend, but I < heart symbol > Mickey tee. While lining up for Pirates of the Carribean, a pirate asked me, "What about pirates?" Haha.. Anyway, the new ride, Astro Blasters, in Tomorrowland is pretty cool! It's like a laser tag ride, and after the ride, you can email the picture (I didn't even know my picture was taken during the ride!) to yourself. Brad and Ada got front row seats for us to watch Fantasmic. I've never seen it that close before. That was totally cool. I had a great time. I love Disneyland when I don't go that often. I got there when Disneyland opened and left when Disneyland closed. It was so great.
We headed to the Subaru Rim of the World Rally in Lancaster the next day. That was pretty interesting. It was my first rally (watching.. I didn't do any :P). There was autocross, RC car racing, rallying, drifting, and dynoing. Two incidents stood out in my mind. First was the girl autocrosser. She stepped out of her car and was wearing very noticeable 3-inch thong sandals. WOW. Impressive. Second was the girl drifter. The guys swarmed around her. She looked pretty cute, so that helps, but that was pretty amusing. She got all the attention. The guy drifters had about 5% of the admirers.
... and of course, a trip to Southern California has to end with dinner at the Gorman Sizzlers!
Pictures to come soon!