Disturbing Sight of the Day:
The middle-schoolers clothed in bathing suits while washing cars for the car wash fundraiser. This was a very 'Bring it On' moment and was quite disturbing. When Rex saw them, he said, "I wore t-shirts during car wash fundraisers!"
So today was the Battle of the Bay - Oakland A's versus S.F. Giants. Unfortunately, A's lost, but they'll beat them tomorrow. It was actually not a very eventful game. All the runs were scored by the top of the fourth inning. Giants didn't score any after the first inning. The game was still enjoyable though. The weather was great, and we had seats with shade!
On our way to the game, we saw event attendees for KFOG's KABOOM Concert / Fireworks event. Last year we went to the KFOG Kaboom! Concert/Fireworks event and had planned on going again this year. To our surprise, the event was today! Last year it was on Fourth of July. So, after the game was over, we headed over to the event, which was about a 5 minute walk from the ballpark. There was a huge turnout, and this was probably because a lot of the baseball fans also went to this event. There was lots of great food. I enjoyed roasted corn, gyro, fried artichokes, and frozen lemonade. Here's a tip: if you wait until after the fireworks, all the food will be at extremely discounted prices. I learned that last year, but I didn't get to buy anything discounted this year because we were already standing outside (to avoid the exiting crowds) when the event was over. The main performance was by the Wallflowers. The best part about the event is the fireworks. These displays of fireworks are the best I've ever seen. The soundtrack is great, too. This is definitely an event to attend if you're in the area!
After the fireworks, we headed over to Holy Cow, which apparently has a big cow out front that I didn't notice! This is a pretty cool nightclub, good DJ (played great songs the whole time I was there - R&B, Hip Hop, Pop, Dance), good crowd (diverse and plenty of people dancing!), two bars, and no cover charge. $1 for coat-check There's some special VIP room (especially for bachelorette parties), an outside patio, which I forgot to check out, and there's also a pool table. Happy Hour on Saturdays is from 9-10, and they have $3 specialty cocktails. This bar/nightclub is recommended!