I am fish-sitting the cutest Betta. His name is Momo (a Siamese Fighting Fish), and he is so cute. When I put food in his tank, he'll swim up and eat, then wait for me to put in the next pellet. He's pretty curious. When I put him in a new environment, he goes to each corner to look at the things outside.

Bettas can't be in the same fish tank as other male bettas since they'll fight. I wanted to see what would happen, so I put the fish in front of a mirror to see his reaction. WHOA. SCARY. His face / gills got all flared up, all his fins / tail stood up high and stiff, and he kept lunging towards the mirror. As soon as I blocked his view from the mirror, he returned to his normal state. That was scary. He was soooo cute before that, and then he turned into this meanie, like Jekyll and Hyde.