I had an exciting weekend. I was minding my business yesterday when I heard the squeals of tires and then a CRASH! sound. I knew there had been an accident, and the weird thing was, 1-2 seconds after the CRASH! sound, I heard sirens. Normally I'd just go about my business, but something about the CRASH! and the sirens made me go around the corner to see what had happened. I could tell from the sounds the exact location of the accident. As soon as I stepped onto the sidewalk, I heard a yell. My head snapped to the left, and I saw the cops cuffing a guy on the ground. WHOA. What was going on? I saw all the people look down the block, so I went over to see what happen. The theory is that the cops were chasing this guy in his car, and the guy made a left turn onto a one-way street. This was when the tires squealed, and he hit a moving van. Next, he got out of the car (witnesses told me this) and ran. After half a block, police apprehended him. WOW. WOW for a Saturday morning. There were about six cop cars, a fire truck, and an ambulance. The guy who was apprehended sat in the cop car for a long time with his head down.
On Sunday, I went boarding again. When we arrived, people were leaving because it was snowing and quite windy. On our way to the top of the mountain, the snow was hitting our faces, and it kind of pricked. Our ski lift even swung from side to side near the top of the mountain because of the wind. At one point, it was so foggy or maybe the wind was blowing up all the snow, but it was really difficult to see even with goggles. That was quite an exciting ride. I could barely see where I was going.