Today I taught my little brother something incredibly useful. I told him to perch his hand with the fingers positioned in the 'give the birdie' gesture by the driver's side window. Many times, when a rude driver honks at you inappropriately, cuts you off, or whatever, your reaction time might be slow. However, if you have your fingers posed and ready for action, you'll never react to those bastards ever again. I am a horrible sister, huh. ;)
While instructing him, he told me that he read that the middle finger is also a holy gesture. Reverands use it. I mean honestly, it's just a finger, but a crude meaning is attached to it, so alas.. people take offense. I say, let's change things up. Let's give everyone the birdie as a gesture of warmth, welcome, and friendliness. Let's take away the vulgarness.
Oh, and I didn't do so hot in my first lesson of tying a cherry stem with my tongue. I thought I got close to it, but unfortunately I did not. Alas.. I shall keep at it...
I had fun tonight. Thanks, friends. :) Oh, and I chose pink. :)