Maybe my co-workers comments about a haircut aren't that far-fetched. I remembered that I did get a haircut mid-December. It was still short, but a bit different.
Anyhoo, why don't they ever play more upbeat hold / wait music? The type of music they play increases stress levels. I guess the definition of upbeat is different to people, but I know I appreciated it most when the hold music was more pop / light rock, not classical...
I saw this sign outside a computer parts, etc. store that said it gave student discounts, but there was also this long list of exclusions. Example: they don't give discounts to K-12 students or their parents. The school has to be accredited, can't be a training center, can't be a hospital, etc. etc. There was a long list, but I fit in the category of 'student' who could receive a discount. So when I went inside and asked the older man about it. He said, "Oh I'm not sure." Then he asked the younger guy about the discounts. The guy said, "Um.. It varies on the products. Some can be 5-10% off." The man said, "I don't believe it." The guy said, "It depends on the product." So then we asked the man about a webcam, and he very confidently said, "No, no discount on that." He went from not knowing about the discount to being very confident that the item did not have a discount. Ahh.. Chinese-owned places at their best. :P