My faith in humanity is a roller coaster - sometimes it hits a high point and sometimes, a low. I'm thankful to witness seemingly simply events that are actually quite complex in nature every once in a while. The other day I was at lunch, and I saw a cute African-American kid with his dad. They sat at the table enjoying their food and time together. The kid was no more than 3 or 4 and was working on the kid's menu. Everyone time he said, 'Dada, look at this,' his dad would give him his undivided attention and help him with whatever he wanted. The kid would give his dad this adorable half-cheek grin, and the dad would return the smile to his son. They understood each other even when words weren't spoken. Sometimes they were just looking at each other and giggling. I couldn't stop watching them. They were so interesting to observe. The dad would give his son a kiss, and the son would look adoringly to his dad and give him that same grin. Remember when our lives were that simple and happy??
Simple gestures go such a long way. A man and a woman walked towards each other. After an exchange of greetings, the man put his arm around the woman, took her coat from her, and helped her put it on. Such a simple gesture, such a kind act.
A lady was in the waiting room for an appointment.. her husband and sister waited with her. Simple, yet nice.
Have you done something nice for someone today?