HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SYMON!!
My weekend was pretty good. I mentally put aside the pile of work that has built up over the semester and enjoyed my weekend.
On Saturday, we played basketball with 2 11-year-olds and a 14-year-old. That was quite amusing. One of the 11-year-olds was really short, and for some reason, he was assigned to guard me and vice versa. LOL. Tough luck for the kid. I was at least a foot taller than this kid. Anyway, my brother and Symon were cracking up because when the kid got the ball, I'd grab it from him amidst his 'ouch!' and later on ask, "Are you ok?" The two 11-year-olds got a lot of injuries from the game.. At one point, my dad was on their team, so we weren't playing rough the whole time.. All my brother had to do was raise his arms every time the other 11-year-old tried to shoot, and the kid would say, "Shit" and then pass the ball. He never tried to make a shot. The funny thing about it was, we all had some soreness from the game. The 11-year-olds were short, so we had to lean down to guard them, plus we were running around... Those munchkins have more energy than us 20-somethings and my dad! They kept wanting to play us! We played one game with them; they lost. They requested another game.. and then another, but of course lost all three times.
On Sunday, I went snowboarding for the second time this season. The slopes were icier, but still not bad. There was more traffic this time around, but not as bad as during the holidays!
The finale? I have a fever. :( I should be in bed resting right now, but damnit... I woke up before 8:00, my usual time to wake up for work,and now I'm having a hard time going back to sleep!