|home|about|albums|archive|forum|

Monday, July 05, 2004

To view my photo album, click on the pictures. These pictures will just be some scenary shots that I took on my trip. Some of the best pictures might not be in here because me or my family might be in it, too. The pictures of me are in the password-protected gallery, which some of you have already visited. This other album will be password-free. :)

I’ll just write about some of the highlights of my trip and the more memorable things.

Montreal – As we were descending into Montreal, we saw two different sets of fireworks below. It was quite beautiful from the aerial view. I found out that there was a fireworks competition of some sort. I spent most of my time there shopping. They have neat underground shopping centers and are quite huge. Downtown reminds me of Berkeley, with a little bit of San Francisco Downtown’s liveliness. While Downtown, I shopped in several of my favorite Canadian stores, like Le Chateau, Roots, etc. Their KFCs are called PFC. They have great-tasting crispy fries, not the potato wedges, and they also serve lemon meringue pie! I liked Montreal. French is what they speak...


Quebec City - Quebec City was a bit different. It was more old school. The weather was interesting. It would rain really hard, then stop, then rain, then stop, and so on and so forth. It would rain when the sun was shining and the sky was mostly clear. We had dinner at this great Chinese restaurant called Jardin de Chine, and they served ‘Szechuannaise Cantonaise’ food. If you ever stop by, you have to get their crispy spinach dish! I’ve never had anything like that before! The spinach literally melts in your mouth. We visited the Sanctuaire de Sainte-Anne-de-Beaupré, which was very beautiful. Sainte Anne is Jesus’ grandmother, and Virgin Mary’s mother. The church had a lot of statues, but I didn’t feel right taking pictures inside. We also drove through a mini forest to get to the Canyon Sainte-Anne. I held on to dear life as I walked across three bridges high above the Canyon. The first bridge was okay, but the second two were not as easy. I was looking down because I didn’t want to trip or anything, but I could also see how high above I was from those jagged rocks… =P Anyway, the falls were beautiful nonetheless. Old Quebec has a bunch of modern stores, but the buildings are old. Their McDonald’s served LOBSTER SANDWICHES. LOL. I didn’t try one though because I wanted to eat Japanese food. The Japanese food was good, but different. Not really authentic, but the restaurant’s look was awesome. It looked more like a club lounge! It was very posh. I had poutine, which is a Canadian specialty (fries with gravy and cheese) again. French is what they speak...


Ottawa – This is my second time in Ottawa, and I saw a different side of it. The first time I went was for whitewater rafting, so I enjoyed the Ottawa River and the forests, etc. This time, I was downtown, and I shopped around. Our hotel was so hip. The lounge area looked like a club or bar lounge. The workout room looked like it was for VIPs. I went shopping again. You have got to love the malls in Canada. They are abundant and large. I also visited the Canadian Mint and got to hold a 28lb block of gold. The War Museum had an interesting show. I’ll have pictures to describe it. The Chinatown was pretty tiny.

Toronto – I’ve been here several times and got to visit a bunch of places that the locals know best. This place is pretty laid back, but the drivers are relatively crazy. It’s like shopping galore all across the city and the Greater Toronto Area (GTA). I shopped at a bunch of different stores and also at Eaton Centre again. I went there on my last trip. The Chinatown is pretty happening. I remember eating there at 4AM after clubbing last time. I was there for Canada Day. Some people were singing loudly outside the hotel. There was plenty of honking and Greece flag-waving when they won the game... Some guy stuck half his body out the window screaming one of the players names. There was lots of honking going on.


Niagara Falls - I also went to Niagara Falls again because my family had never been there. We rode Maid of the Mist (my second time), and it was just as lovely as I remembered. It’s one of the 7 Wonders of the World. Anyway, I’m very tired, so I’ll just let some of the pictures I took speak for themselves.

Gas prices are the same within the same city.

// posted by Jen @ 11:55 PM

|home|about|albums|archive|forum|

© 2003-2007 Devipz.com