|home|about|albums|archive|forum|

Thursday, July 15, 2004

My dad introduced me to a VP of a company today at a gathering, and the VP asked me what grade I was in. =)  I told him I have my MA, and my dad told him I was in the Doctorate program. Later on when he was talking to me again, he said, "You'll take it as a compliment one day." I said, 'I look young? No wonder no one offered me champagne at the door!' You had to be over 21 to be at this event, but still no one offered me champagne. =)  Then he asked me if I was currently studying for my MA, and I repeated that I already had it and was in the Doctorate program. I think he was still in shock. When people look at my parents, they can't believe that they have a daughter my age anyway, so I guess it all works out for the best. I don't really mind that 'older' people think I'm younger than I really am.  It's a little annoying when kids younger than me think I'm younger than them.  High school kids think I look like I could either in college or out of it already. I think my brother's friends think I'm already out of college. Freshmans in college think I'm a high school senior! Well, these are particular people.  At least my friends think I'm my age. =P So far I haven't gotten a hard time at the clubs or bars.  Why should I?  I've got a legit I.D.  Since I've sort of stayed the same age for 10 years, I wonder if I'll finally look 20ish when I'm 40.. 
 
I finally received my new employee packet from one of my jobs, and in it was a form I need to complete titled Beneficiary Designation for Final Paycheck... you know, in case I die, and I need my final paycheck sent to someone.. That was depressing!

// posted by Jen @ 11:02 PM

|home|about|albums|archive|forum|

© 2003-2007 Devipz.com