|home|about|albums|archive|forum|

Saturday, July 24, 2004

I drove my aunt to this place where she had to take a test.  The place had one small security guard, and I noticed he made everyone who stood close to the testing area move back and away. The place where I work is looking for a new security guard, and I wanted to ask him about the company he worked for. Also, I knew if I said something to him, he wouldn't make me back away from the testing area. So after two hours of waiting for my aunt and twiddling my thumbs, I told the security guard that we were looking for a security guard, and I wanted to know who to contact at his company regarding that. His English was not very good, and he said something that I couldn't understand. Anyway, he led me out of the building and told me I needed to get a card. I thought he was talking about the company's card, and I also wondered why the heck he had to take me out of the building to tell me that. He opened his wallet and took out a security guard card that says he's allowed to carry firearms. I understood that he thought I wanted to be a security guard... I repeated that the company was looking for a security guard and again he showed me his card and repeated that I needed to get one. For at least five minutes, he thought I wanted to be a security guard.......... He also told me I had to do some other stuff, but I wasn't listening because I was repeating that the company needed a security guard. Finally he understood, and then my aunt waved at me from inside the building, so I told him to hold on. I wanted to end this conversation with him after my first question. I don't think all that talking was worth it just so he wouldn't kick me out from the testing area. Anyway, I went inside to help her translate to the employees at the testing place, and then didn't go back outside to talk to the security guard. I was done with the conversation. Apparently he wasn't. Ten minutes later he came over to where I was sitting, and while everyone was looking at us, he said, "I give you number, or you give me yours." To everyone, taken out of context, that was probably really, really strange. I could feel people staring at us, and there were plenty of people sitting around me. I tried to get this conversation over as quick as possible and finally just said, "Give me yours." Then he wrote down a number on the pamphlet I was holding and still sensing weird glances, I loudly said, "So this is the company's number?" His nod confirmed to the audience that he was not hitting on me. Finally he went away, or so I thought.. every so often he'd come over and smile at me. When I went to stand over by the testing area, ready to translate and interpret to the employee, he came over to me again and just smiled. Then he asked if I was standing there for... I cut him off and pointed at my aunt. He left me alone. I am never talking to strangers again.



// posted by Jen @ 12:16 AM

|home|about|albums|archive|forum|

© 2003-2007 Devipz.com