I had to wake up at 7:45 to go to work today, and I couldn't even fall asleep until after 4 A.M. Don't you hate when that happens? I don't mind as much if I have all day to sleep in. I get the least sleep when I know I have to wake up early. Well that could also be that I have to wake up earlier than usual. I wonder if that contributes to me not being able to sleep. I should make myself have a consistent sleeping schedule. I will attempt to sleep by midnight every night... Is this a realistic goal? I was so shocked to know that I was the only classmate to sleep after midnight. Only my professor was the other person who slept 'that late.' Everyone else slept at 9-11! I'm absolutely shocked! No wonder I'm the only one who looks half asleep in class, and the only one who looks annoyed at those early meetings. I don't even try to pretend I'm awake. ;)
When I woke up this morning, I felt okay, but as the day progressed, my energy waned. I can't sleep yet because I have a bunch of things I need to do, so if I get over my sleepiness, and I'll end up sleeping late again. The process repeats itself.
Sometimes when I hit the pillow, I can fall asleep pretty easily, and sometimes I need someone to talk me to sleep. I wonder if there's money to be made in this field.
Job Title: Bed Tucker Via Phone
Education: High school diploma/knowledge in a variety of random topics required.
License/Certification N/A
Qualifications
Excellent interpersonal skills and communication ability required. Ability to handle stressful situations courteously, efficiently and work independently. (If sleeper is unable to fall asleep within 15-30 minutes, will be able to work under pressure to ensure client sleeps as soon as possible.) Demonstrated ability to work effectively with people who need a bed tucker.
Duties
Spend 15-20 minutes speaking in a manner that will cause one to fall asleep. This can include but is not limited to speaking about technial issues (electronics, etc) if one has absolutely no interest whatsoever in the topic, or speak about feminine hygiene should one have no interest in that either. The options go on.
Su-M required. Hours range from 10:30 - 3 A.M. As required.