|home|about|albums|archive|forum|

Sunday, May 23, 2004

Today was fun! I saw four pugs at the park. They were soooo cute! One was all black, and the other three were a light brown color. They were just prancing around looking their cute self. I wish I had my camera today so I could have taken pictures of them! I heard they are at that park every weekend, so I will bring my camera next week. Their owner said one of the pugs, who came over to us while we were playing basketball, has to play with kids, or she won't be happy. The owner told the other two pugs to come over and say 'hi' to us, and that's exactly what they did. They made these noises, but I'm not sure what they represented.

Tonight I went to the KFOG KABOOM! live, outdoor concert and fireworks extravaganza. Several bands performed, and I made it to the very last song that the group Train was playing. This event was pretty cool! I didn't know about it the previous 10 years, but my friend told me about it so I went to check it out. There are dozens of concession stands, and last year 300,000 people showed up for this event. It's crazy packed. To watch the band play their final song, I had to tippy toe and look over a sea of heads, concession stands, and then finally see them... but there were hundreds of people sitting in the concert area with a better view. The best part of all was the fireworks, which was so amazing. This display of fireworks was definitely one of the best, if not the best, that I've seen. I had a great view of the fireworks, and it looked like it was right above my head. They had really neat fireworks; some that I've never seen before. There was a soundtrack to accompany the different types of fireworks, as well. It was a great event!

Tips for next year.. parking is extremely limited, and the other parking lots charge $20 for special events. So, public transportation is definitely a very good option. Muni is close, and the ferry has a special schedule to accomodate the event. Also, as we were leaving, the people selling food discounted their items. People bought Tri-Tip Sandwiches for $1!!! There was plenty of BBQ stuff, hot dogs, garlic fries, drinks, etc, for $1-$2. I saw plenty of people load up on the food!

// posted by Jen @ 12:06 AM

|home|about|albums|archive|forum|

© 2003-2007 Devipz.com