Remind me never to go clubbing again if I have to go to work bright and early the next day. I felt like I had a hangover (whatever that feels like) this morning even though I didn't have a single drink, except for tasty water. :) You would have thought I learned my lesson, but it's been a while since I went clubbing on a Friday night. Actually, the worst time was when I went clubbing on a Thursday night, and I had to go to work at 7 A.M. Friday... So I woke up, and I could barely open my eyes. In fact, I went through the motions of brushing my teeth and washing my face with my eyes closed. My body felt so heavy; I had to drag myself around the house.
So clubbing was interesting... friends from L.A. came up for the weekend, and it was my co-worker's birthday, so clubbing it was. One of my friend's from L.A. got 'hit on?' by this girl, and it was sort of strange... Here's the gist of their conversation:
She walks up to him.
Her: Hey you look familiar. Do you go to Berkeley?
Him: No.
Her: Do your friends (he was with the other guys at the time) go to Berkeley?
Him: No. Do you go to Berkeley?
Her: No.
Um... okay? Then she proceeds to stand around our group even though she supposedly came with a group of people. Then she said she didn't like to dance................... She just stood there... Finally she left. Then I got to hear the group of guys talk about her. I tell you, those are some of the most interesting conversations ever - listening to guys talk about girls.
She seemed a little off... yet very bold!
My other friend (not one of the L.A. guys) also got 'hit on???', and this girl was wayyyy more straight-forward. She wanted to look for her wallet, and he helped her look for it because we were all sitting in the booth where her wallet was. Next thing you know, she's asking for a hug from him and groping him. Her hands were all over him, and me and my other friend looked at each other like, 'What??' She leaned her body into him and was talking as close as possible. Finally we left the two so they could be alone. Whatever happened after we left the two in the booth, I have no clue. What are friends supposed to do in a situation like this? If you needed help, would you signal someone to pull her off you? I never need to signal anyone. My girl friends have like strong radars, and they'd push the dude aside or something even before I noticed him.
Anyway, it was sooo incredibly hot inside. The place was so crowded, and so many people were dancing. I felt so light-headed because of the lack of air! I sat by myself for like ten seconds, and some guy went up to me and said, "Hi, you're beautiful" and shook my hand. "Thanks." LOL. Don't they know that guys all use the same line? Is it that atmosphere that makes guys prowl and say things like that to girls? Or is it the alcohol? I imagine it would be hard to meet someone at the club. People are drunk, pretending to be drunk, not being who they usually are... How many people actually think the things people say to you at clubs are genuine? I get that same line and handshake at the the bars. It's kind of sad when people get hit on at clubs, take it seriously and then get disappointed because the dude was too drunk to remember he hit on her and never calls. You know what would be more original... "Hey! Do you go to Berkeley?" Okay, I'm kidding...
When will I get my power nap?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!