I had a good weekend last week, and this weekend actually came pretty quickly. I cannot wait until summer vacation begins!
I went to a location with my friend today. While we were standing there, I noticed that some employee was looking in our direction. It looked like she was making eye contact with me, but I thought she just happened to look over to whatever was around us. Five minutes later, she was trying to get my attention. There was a table and some distance between us and a group of people around us.
Gist of the conversation:
Her: Hey! Did you go to Davis? (Good gawd.. a repeat of the club incident. Joking... Haha... read Saturday, May 22, 2004 entry to know what I'm talking about. Also, I'm not wearing anything at all that would even remotely say that I had gone to Davis.)
Me: Uh... yeah... Did you?
Her: Yeah!
Me: Have you seen me around? (I have no clue who this girl is... I've never seen her before. My alma mater has XX,XXX number of people!)
Her: Yeah... and don't you, etc. etc.?
Me: Who are you?? (Some man who was standing by us snickered. I really had no clue who she was...)
Her: Oh.. I'm -------- (I didn't even catch her name. I sorta did/didn't hear it.)
Me: Okay.... well, bye!
8 hours passed.. I'm waiting for a table at a restaurant in a different city. My mouth drops open as I see her walking towards the restaurant... What a freakin' coincidence. So we said 'hi.' =P That was too weird..
I think this tops the other top strange incidents... As I was talking to my friend, who witnessed it all, about how strange all this was, some memories appeared...
Flashback to high school... some guy called me, and I had no clue who he was. That wasn't the weird part because random people have called. So in this call, some guy said, "Hey Jennifer. What's up?" I said, "Who are you?" He said whatever his name was, and I still had no idea who he was. He said, "I saw you at McDonald's today." What the heck?! He apparently went to one of the high school's in our city. I have no clue how he got my number or my name because I most certainly didn't give it to him, and the friends who had lunch with me said they didn't give it out either... Anyway, I hung up really, really quickly. At least he gave me a name. What do guys expect if they call me and don't tell me their names?? A 'I gotta go!' I'm glad that only happened in high school.
A weirder phone call in high school:
Him: Hi Jennifer.
Me: Who are you?
Him: (Stated name)
Me: Uh...?
Him: Oh um.. I got asked to prom today, and I said 'no,' but I was wondering if you happened to know who asked me.
Me: (WHAT?!?!?!?!?!) What?
Him: I wanted to contact her. I know you know a lot of people so I was wondering if you knew who asked me.
Me: What? (Sounding a bit like Lil John now...)
Him: I thought you might know.
Me: (Who the heck is this guy???) Um.. no, I'm sorry, I don't know. Good luck finding her.
Today's incident even tops that one incident at the store... I went to some store a while ago, and a few months had lapsed in between when I went back. I had never encountered the people working the registers. When I went to pay for something, the guy asked me how tall I was. I thought it was such a strange and random question to ask me while he was ringing up the price. So I asked him how tall he was just because I didn't know what he was getting at... then he said, "Oh I was just wondering because the last time you came in here you were wearing heels..." (WHOA. STOP. He remembered what I wore??) Huh... "I'm 5'7... How tall are you? Okay... bye..."
I think today's incident tops all of those other strange ones... Just another confirmation that I am NOT going to post my picture up on this site publicly... my friends know how I look, know where my picture links are... no need to do any more than that... and a little birdie told me that there is one whack person that reads my website...
Now for the cute story...
I had blogged about my neighbor, the kindergartener who would appear out of nowhere when I got home sometimes. Well, I was on my driveway when her grandma's car was pulling up to their driveway. I had an instinct she was going to come over. Next thing I knew, she was yelling my name as she was running over to me. She tackled me with a huge hug, the first one she's ever given me. Then she tells me about what she's going to play with today, and after that, she said she'll invite me over to play, but she needs to ask her parents first... LOL. Her sister came over, too, but doesn't talk as much. Anyway, this kid knows how to work the system. I'm getting her some toys.