(Continuation of yesterday's post...) I can't believe this. My body is too smart. I woke up the same time I always do on Thursdays when I have to go to work. My wake up time is different every day, but my body always knows when to wake up, and today it refused to be tricked. So I woke up, looked at the clock and groaned. Thankfully I was able to fall back asleep and not be woken up until a phone call at 11:30 A.M.
After the funeral this weekend, I headed to the 'sending off' reception. A few stores from the restaurant, my friend and I watched this woman fall to the ground and that sight gave us both an eerie sense of deja vu. (The woman who had passed away had also fallen half a year ago, and he had helped her get up from the ground.) Back to the weekend situation, we were crossing the street and ran over to her. We pulled her up to a sitting position on the ground, and when she had finally regained strength, we helped her get on stair steps. We were both very concerned about her because she was an old lady. I didn't realize she was 92 until she told me! She looked REALLY good for a 92-year-old. She told us that she went to church every Sunday alone, and she was on her way back from church and grocery shopping. She was carrying her purse bag, a grocery bag, and holding onto her cane. The bus stop was incredibly far from her church, but we didn't realize it until we had walked the long 5 blocks with her. She said she was in a lot of pain, and I can imagine, but she didn't need to call an ambulance or anything. She was walking pretty quickly for a 92-year-old! She was so independent, and she said that she exercised a lot, which I think really helped her stay so healthy. SO FOR ALL OF YOU WHO SIT ON YOUR BUMS ALL DAY, EXERCISE!!!!!!!!! She held my hand during the entire walk and asked me and my friend, who was holding her grocery bag and purse =P, about our lives, what village we were from, etc. etc. I don't know if we'll recognize each other if we were to see each other on the street, but that would be nice. The whole incident just seemed like such a coincidence. No one was on that street when she fell. We were the only ones crossing the street, and after we had helped her up, other people who were going to the reception walked by us. She fell very similar to the way the other woman had. She tripped over an uneven surface. We need to spend more time with our elders...