Yesterday's softball game was fun! There were 10 people on each team (9 male, 1 female). The most serious injury would have been when the batter hit a line drive that hit the pitcher's arm and deflected into his mouth. Guys take it the way men are expected to though, so he just shrugged it off, although I'm sure he must have been hurting. The smallest injury was a cut to the hand when someone tossed a set of car keys to him. On one play, I rammed right into the catcher trying to score since he was covering it. I was afraid there was a play at home, but I was okay. He said he was fine, too.
The first three innings were pretty close. Our team scored 6 runs in the first inning, and the other team scored three, but we didn't score as many in the second or third, and the other team was pretty consistent with 3-4 runs per inning. However, in the fourth inning, we scored 13 runs on top of the 14 we already had from the first three innings. During the fourth inning, I had a conversation with their first baseman while I was on base, and then that inning was so long that although I remembered having a conversation with him, it felt like the conversation had taken place in another inning. We stayed in the lead for the rest of the innings. The game was great. Everyone was super relaxed and had a lot of fun. Pictures of the game to come soon.