|home|about|albums|archive|forum|

Friday, April 30, 2004

Kids just might be comparable to cats and dogs. The latter always comes back to the hands that feed them. So I'd mentioned before that one of the neighborhood kids, whom I had given a balloon, had greeted me one day when I came home. Well, she did it again. I pulled up onto my driveway, and out of nowhere, there she was running over and waving. This time she got a sticker out of it. She KNOWS SHE'S CUTE!!! I couldn't resist giving her something! Kids seem to always want to get things for their siblings. I gave a Valentine's card to a kid, and she immediately said that her sister would want one, too. I used to teach this kid who would save all the in-class snacks for his sister. He'd wrap up his cupcake very delicately and keep it in his cubby hole. As soon as his parents and sister came to pick him up, he'd rush to his cubby, walk up to her (and they'd say 'hi' and giggle), and then hand her the cupcake. He was a sweet kid. She'd do the same for him at her school. Anyway, after I gave the sticker to my neighbor, she said her sister would like one, too. Unfortunately I only had one in my purse, so I told her that. She even peeked at the sticker sheet to make sure. :) When I came out of my house to give her sister a sticker (I'm a sucker for little kids.), she was nowhere to be found. Even when I saw her earlier, she just materialized out of thin air. Oh well, I'll be sure to keep a stack of stickers in my purse from now on. ;)

I think girls have an easier time trying to convince people of things. When I was driving home from work, I saw three girls in the streets trying to sell candy for something. Their tactic was waving, smiling, winking, and saying 'hey!' If a guy did that, he'd probably be called a perv or weirdo. If a girl did that, it's okay. That's why I've heard if you want a more successful car wash, you should make the girls stand on the street to advertise.

// posted by Jen @ 2:40 PM

|home|about|albums|archive|forum|

© 2003-2007 Devipz.com