|home|about|albums|archive|forum|

Thursday, April 08, 2004

Alright.. what I really want to know is why they even bother putting an Asian on one of these American shows. Is it because it's the PC thing to do? Or is it because that person qualified much better than the rest? I'm talking about shows like 'The Apprentice,' 'The Bachelor,' and 'The Bachelorette." Just a few shows that come to mind because I saw them recently. I hardly ever watch those shows, but I caught an episode of each. In 'The Apprentice,' there was an Asian woman in it, but she never got those solo scenes, whereas the others got to say something directly to the camera, sometimes more than once. Was she qualified for the show? All we got to see was clips of her, and I'm actually a little surprised that she got more than 1 second of airtime! In 'The Bachelorette,' the one Asian man that got cut during the first rose ceremony, of course, hardly got any airtime. Once again, no solo spotlight. I caught two glimpses of him as they showed the man next to him. Then there was 'The Bachelor' tonight, and there were two Asian women. I never watched the other Bachelors, so I don't know if Asian women were present or not. The camera actually scanned these women more than they did for that poor Asian man. Of course the Asian women never got solo spotlight, either. So I come back to my original question. Do these Asians truly 'qualify' for these shows, or is it semi-like affirmative action?

I am craving some curly fries!!! I don't know what my passion career-wise is, but I sure do know I'm sooo passionate about food!!!

// posted by Jen @ 12:19 AM

|home|about|albums|archive|forum|

© 2003-2007 Devipz.com