|home|about|albums|archive|forum|

Monday, February 09, 2004

**Today is such a beautiful day. -2:30PM Monday**

I went to the Giants' Fan Fest on Sunday. This was my first experience going to any Fan Fest, and it was enjoyable. Two firsts in one weekend! The Fest was held at Pier 40 or something near McCovey Cove, and outside was a t-ball field for the kids. There were two-year-olds to some eleven or twelve year-olds playing baseball on it. The little ones were the cutest. One kid was maybe around two, and his dad was about to help him bat, but this kid was already tapping home plate with his bat. THAT WAS SO CUTE! Then he smacked the ball and ran for first. Little kids run in a really cute way. Well, most do anyway. They were all dressed up in their Giants' jerseys and gear.

I went to that restaurant that has an ad space filled with little-known facts, and this time I got more down to add to the list I had previously:

*Clinophobia is the fear of beds.
*The average life span of a MLB baseball is 5-7 pitches.
*Cat's urine glows under a black light.
*The word 'jiffy' means something of a second. I forgot what exactly the _______ in the ad said, but dictionary.com says jiffy is: the duration of one tick of the system clock on your computer. Often one AC cycle time (1/60 second in the U.S. and Canada, 1/50 most other places), but more recently 1/100 sec has become common.

These add to these:
*Your thumb nail grows at a slower rate than your middle finger nail.
*2,500 left handers die per year as a result of using right-handed things.
*The first item to have a barcode was Wrigley's Gum.
*We forget 80% of the stuff we learn that day.

// posted by Jen @ 12:11 AM

|home|about|albums|archive|forum|

© 2003-2007 Devipz.com