In terms of successfulness, I think men have more pressure. Don't get me wrong, many women have plenty of pressure on them, but a lot of that stems from internally. From my observations, men need to be successful (financially stable: job, success in job, etc.), and they feel that from all angles in society. A lot of women want to be successful, and for some, their parents want them to become rich, but when it comes down to it, there really is more societal and familial pressure on the man in general. Even when the woman is financially stable and the man is not, they will usually not get married until he has the finances to do so. When the man is ready and the woman is not, they are more likely to get married than in the previous scenario. How does that feel for men? I think they are used to feeling the pressure and knowing that it is there... but that does not mean they necessarily like it. Although I know plenty of guys who are proud of being able to pay for their girlfriends, etc... and some who complain that girls are gold-diggers.