If you asked me a year ago, or even a month ago when I wanted to get married, I would have looked at you with confusion. However, I think attending a wedding and having some of your older friends talk about their impending weddings helps get things in perspective for some people. I'm definitely not ready to get married now. I'm not ready mentally nor financially. However, instead of my usual '20 years' response, I think maybe 3 years from now... Scary, huh? I think I'd like to spend some alone time, maybe 2-3 years, with my husband before I have children. I'm in no way placing this 3-year marker in my life, but I'm just saying that 3 years from now doesn't seem so bad anymore.
I think there must be a high in the process of getting married from the engagement < planning of the wedding < wedding < honeymoon, and then... is the high over...???